Are you using LinkedIn effectively and leveraging your connections and network? There are many ways you can leverage LinkedIn and I’ve listed four here.
Tag Archives: networking
I have found networking with other local businesses very useful. I belong to several different groups and each meets with different frequencies (some are fortnightly, some are monthlyand some less often)
I thought that some of these could be useful to you. If you are local you can attend them and some of them are part of national networks.
- Twuttle – a local Tunbridge Wells based group that meets every Wednesday at Divinity Cafe from 10-12pm. It’s very informal, just drop in for a coffee and a chat. http://twuttle.com/
- 4Networking (I must declare an interest here as I am the Group Leader for the local Tunbridge Wells group). There are over 310 groups spread throughout the UK and you can join online for free and make use of the forums even if you decide not to attend meetings. http://www.4networking.biz/ The meetings themselves are fun and everyone is very friendly. You don’t have to provide referrals and you don’t have to attend every meeting. By joining as a passport member you can attend up to 4 breakfast meetings each week (not sure that this would be good for the waistline though!)
- First Friday (lunchtimes) – I have only been to one of these meetings but I am planning on returning. Again this is an informal get together in a local pub at Rusthall and there are lots of other meetings in local towns.
- First Friday (breakfast) – meets at David Salomon’s on the first Friday of each month. Next open breakfast is at the beginning of October otherwise you need to be invited. Less formal than some others.
- Tunbridge Wells Ladies Lunch – meets at different locations every month. More details on the LinkedIn group.