LinkedIn Statistics 2014
LinkedIn recently published their 2nd quarter 2014 financial statistics which make for interesting reading.
LinkedIn’s Q2 2014 Earnings (from the Official LinkedIn Blog)
$543 million in revenue – an increase of 47% compared to $364 million in the second quarter of 2013.
- 60% of income is from Talent Solutions (the paid for LinkedIn recruitment packages)
- 20% is from Marketing (LinkedIn advertising)
- 20% is from Premium subscriptions
The number of users is rapidly increasing – 313 million as at 1 August 2014.
- 2 people join every second
- LinkedIn has lowered the joining age to 13 to encourage students to join and then add everything as they progress through their education and career.
The top 18 countries using LinkedIn (with number of users) are
- 100+ million users in the USA
- 27+ million in India
- 18+ million in Brazil
- 16+ million users in UK
- 9+ million in Canada
- 8+ million in France
- 7+ million in Italy
- 6+ million in Australia
- 6+ million in Mexico
- 6+ million in Spain
- 5+ million in China
- 5+ million in Netherlands
- 3+ million in Turkey
- 3+ million in Indonesia
- 3+ million in Russia
- 3+ million in South Africa
- 2+ million in Belgium
- 2+ million in Philippines
This infographic contains the high level figures.
How do you use LinkedIn? Let us know in the comments below.