LinkedIn Showcase Pages
Have you checked out the new LinkedIn Showcase Pages yet? If not, I highly recommend you do.
It’s a new feature (launched today!) which allows you to create a page for a specific product or service.
- This page can have its own followers, create its own updates and has separate analytics so you can measure how popular it is.
- Images and links can be added to the updates in the same way as an update on your existing company page or personal profile.
- They can be shared with all of your followers or a subsection (this latter option depends upon the page having 100+ followers).
- Updates can be pinned to the top of the page so they remain visible.
Different ideas for ways to use LinkedIn Showcase Pages
- Promote a new product or service
- Promote an event you are running
- Highlight the work done by a particular department of your organization, for example, customer services
- Any special offers you may be running
With all of these, ensure you have a dedicated page on your website that you can link to the LinkedIn Showcase Page.
How to setup a LinkedIn Showcase Page
Name your page and add any additional administrators and click on Create Page when done.
Then add the following:
- An eye catching image with the following dimensions. PNG, JPEG or GIF up to 2mb in size. Image must be 974 x 330 pixels or larger. Crop it, if necessary, once you have uploaded it.
- Page description (up to 200 characters).
- Any additional administrators (you need to be connected to them to add them)
- The link to the relevant page on your company website.
- Choose the relevant industry sector
- Your logo
- Up to 3 LinkedIn groups you would like to feature on this page (you must be a manager or a member of each group)
Click on Publish once finished and your page will be available.
Follow your page
Follow your page so updates appear in your Home stream and you can share them if appropriate.
Examples of existing LinkedIn Showcase Pages
Some global brands have already created LinkedIn Showcase Pages
How can you use these new Showcase pages to help promote your organization? Please let me know in the comments below.