LinkedIn mobile app for iPad – worth a look?
The LinkedIn mobile app has been updated recently and is much improved. It is available as an App on the iPad, for iPhone and Android phones (and Blackberry for anyone who is still using them). There’s also an option called Pulse which gives a personalised news feed.
I recommend taking a look to see how you can use it to keep in touch when you are out and about.
New LinkedIn mobile app interface – iPad
The LinkedIn mobile app has been completely updated and is much easier to use and navigate.
I personally use it regularly on my iPad and wanted to mention some of the updates here.
Quick tip: To take these screenshot photos on my iPad I held down the Home button and then the power button and it makes a click and saves the image in the Camera Roll. You can send up to 5 photos on a single email to yourself afterwards. I then edited them in SnagIt which is available for both PC and Macs.
New Navigation bar
- Home – see the latest updates from your connections
- Profile – to view your profile (note you cannot edit your profile from the mobile version)
- Groups – to access your groups
- Influencers – to view posts from any Influencers you have subscribed to
- Companies – to view any of the companies you are following
- Who’s viewed you – to see who has looked at your profile recently
- Connections – gives access to all your connections
- People you may know – LinkedIn’s suggestions for people you may want to connect with
- Jobs – Useful if you are looking for a new role
- Channels – this is linked to the Influencers above
This shows my LinkedIn profile
This one shows some of my LinkedIn connections
It is a cleaner looking interface now and in general I like it. I really wish they would add the ability to edit my profile (apparently this is under consideration).
Have you tried using the new LinkedIn mobile app yet? What do you like/dislike about it? Please add your comments below.