Effective LinkedIn | How to save a copy of your public profile
Do you know how to save a copy of your public profile on LinkedIn as a .pdf file? The steps below explain why you and how to do this.
Why would you want to save a copy of your public profile?
There are lots of reasons why you may want to save a copy of your public profile:
- Keep a copy for your records (especially if you have made lots of changes to it and want to keep details of how it used to look)
- Take to business meetings
- Send to potential clients
- Compare it with your competitors’ profiles.
How to save a copy of your public profile
- Click on Profile and then View Profile
- Click on the down arrow next to the Edit Profile button and then click on Export to PDF and choose where you would like to save the file.
- Open the file in your normal .PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader)
That’s all there is to it!
I highly recommend that you open up this .PDF file and check how your profile is shown to others. It looks unprofessional to have a scrappy, partly completed profile. Do you want to give someone the impression that you do not care about your online appearance?
It should be 100% complete at the very minimum and LinkedIn shows you the steps you need to take to get to 100%.
If you need any assistance or training in how to do this we provide training courses that can be personalised to show you how to have a profile you can be proud of.
I welcome your comments below