Outlook | Improve your efficiency |Create an email signature
To make your emails look more professional add a signature to each one.
You can set up the system so it automatically adds it to every new email or reply.
Remember to include:
- Phone number
- Company address if appropriate
- Email address
- Website (with a link to it)
- Social media (Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook) contact details if appropriate plus links to each one
- Company strapline (a one or two line brief description of your main selling points)
- Any special offers you would like to publicise.
Using an application such as Outlook allows you to add images such as professional qualifications and company logos. Go to Tools, Options, Mail Format and then click on Signatures to set one up. I use Outlook personally and I include all of the above.
You can set up a different signature for new emails or for replies.
There’s also an application called Wisestamp which can be added into Gmail. This can show your latest tweet as well.